In my formative feedback, it was mentioned that my all of my boards needed improving at varying levels. I added a background of faded mark making that I did myself throughout the module, which links all four together. Ordinarily, this wouldn’t happen because in the early stages of a project, I wouldn’t have this resource to use, but I thought as I did, why not?
In the theme board, I took quite a bit of imagery out, leaving bigger spaces, and only using what is essential to get my theme across, rather than filling the space with lots of images. I added more paper cut/collage pieces, to get across the technique that I used. I think this looks much better, cleaner, fresher and much more cohesive as a board.
Similarly, I took images out of the colour board to pare it down and simplify it, only leaving in essential images. I also changed the colours to match those on the outside of the envelopes in my collection, as they represent the colours used across the collection much better than the originals (these matched the non-watered down paint). I also made the colour blocks all the same size, making it look neater. There is a creamy coloured block that is very difficult to see, but on the physical board, the colours will be 3D, making it much more obvious.
Again, with the customer board, I took out quite a few images, making it simpler like the other boards while still getting across who my customer is and what they enjoy.
I didn’t change much on my competitor board, just the background and one of the competitors. I swapped out Cath Kidston for Clover Robin, a paper cut/collage artist who sells cards and prints, who suits my market much better.
All in all, I think my boards are much improved, and they have become simpler but more telling of what they are about.